Thursday, April 14, 2011

Days 101-103

Day 101~
I know. I've fallen behind on posting. And while my 101st picture isn't very fascinating, this is one of the reasons I've been distracted. It's a harmless phone, but it comes with another device that connects to electrodes, which connect to me. It captures any abnormalities in my heart's rhythm over a 30 day period. I've had an arrhythmia for several years, so it's just a check up. No big deal... except that I'm allergic to the electrodes. They first gave me huge welts where they were attached, then over the weekend, I broke out in a rash all over that got progressively worse. Not so fun. It's incessant itching night and day. Nope, not much sleep for me. Or even sitting. If I keep moving it seems to be better. Although I hate taking prescriptions, I finally relented and took the first dose of what my doctor prescribed, yesterday. I'm itching less, but it's making my heart race now! How's that for irony? Oh well. It'll be over in just a few more days.

Day 102~
Meanwhile, like I said, it's better if I keep moving, so I've stayed off the computer and decided to get some of my painting projects done. As with all of my projects, Kye wants to be included.

Day 103~
This is a picture of my first attempt at homemade crackers. I've been hearing my friend, Cindy, raving about all of these homemade crackers she's been making, and even tasted a few that were wonderful. So I gave it a shot. 
They're really good dipped in my youngest daughter's homemade hummus!
I was looking for a VERY simple recipe. I didn't want to run to the store and I didn't have a lot of time to be in the kitchen today. Well, I found it! (Here's the link.) And simple, it is. Other than waiting on the mixer and letting it stand before baking, it took me all of 10 minutes to prepare and they turned out wonderful. Maybe not as pretty as they could have been, but so delicious! The only things I did differently were to add some of my own spices and I rolled them with my rolling pin since I don't own a pasta roller. I will probably roll them thinner next time, but for hummus it worked out nicely. They were a lot like pita chips.
So that's the scoop and I'm now caught up...again. Now that I've got some itch relief I'm feeling the creativity return. :)
Happiest Thursday to you! 
XX's~ Jen

1 comment:

  1. I feel so bad....wish there was something I could do to help:(
    Pictures are nice, tho! Especially the crackers!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love, LoVe, LOVE hearing from you! I will read every single comment and will do my very best to reply.