But as I was reading Kerri's post from yesterday over at Lovely Little Handmades and it inspired me to follow her lead (as she has followed the lead of her friend Heather at Alamode fabric) and share some random bits and pieces of myself and my family.
Much like Heather, I realized a couple of months ago that I wanted my blog to be more than just a connection to my Etsy shop or about creating things but also about this cherry life of mine!
So here goes-
- I'm a mother of 3 kids (2 girls-17 & 13. 1 boy-10), two cats & 1 dog.
- I've known my husband since I was 11. In highschool he was my best friend's boyfriend, and my boyfriend's best friend (Did I lose you?) and we couldn't stand eachother. Shortly after those break-ups we realized we actually liked one another much better than we liked them. I know-Scandalous. But here we are all these years later, still in love and havin' fun rasing our babies.
- Our family will sometimes randomly break out in rhyme or song. Usually this begins w/ girl 2.
- My kids like to make and film their own comedies. Usually inspired by "what if" questions such as "what if I had to eat with my elbows?"
- We don't have local channels or cable on our TV. We cut it one year as school started to avoid the homework distraction and the kids fighting over channels. It was so nice that we never turned back! I do love watching Top Gear on-line which is ironic since I don't care too much about cars. I think it's the cinematography and the British humor.
- Our dog had to wear socks indoors, and special sock-shoes outdoors, for the first 8 months we had him. His poor little feet would crack and bleed, so I would wash, medicate and wrap them before 'socking' him 2-3 times a day. After several diets and lots of research I found he had a wheat allergy. Figures we get the dog with allergies. He's all better on his wheat-free diet.
- My toes are abnormally long.
- I was led to the Lord through the girl's babysitter 12 years ago. My (then athiest) husband had just found a daycare for them when he felt an internal 'nudge' to drive down a road just outside our new town. He passed a drive with a daycare sign and checked it out even though he had already hired someone. When he went inside he somehow knew this was the right place for the girls. Long story short- their sitter eventually asked me to church and later became my closest friend. About a year later my husband followed suit and life has never been the same.
- We're habitual movie quoters in our home. Comedies. My favorite: "I get dizzy spells, hot sweats, cold sweats, fingernail sensitivity, pelvic discomfort, numb lips, dead hands." -What About Bob
- I love to look at birds but I'm afraid to touch them.
- I have only one sibling. She lives all the way over in California.
- I absolutely love browsing recipes and trying exotic foods, but still don't really enjoy cooking them.