Friday, December 10, 2010

Resting In Him

Closing eyes...breathing in...exhaling slowly... 
Opening my eyes and now and beginning the click-clicking on the keyboard.
Ahhh, it's quiet. Lately that's been a difficult thing to find around here.

To make a long story short: My husband hurt his neck, which caused him some seriously painful shoulder problems. It's kept him home from work and we've used up nearly all of his vacation pay in the past several weeks. (Ugh.) But thankfully, with the chiropractic care, the pain clinic and therapy it looks like he'll be able to go back to work next week. I just pray it continues to heal. God has been so good through all of it and has provided for all of our needs. Things like this will really show you how strong (or weak) your faith is. I can't say I've felt very good about how strong my faith has been. With half the income as usual, Christmas around the corner and bills that won't just go away I pretty much hunkered down and settled into a nice little depression for a while.

 Then I thought of when I first became a child of God about 11 years ago. Brand new and enough faith to move a mountain. And you know what? Mountains DID move back then! Well, they were mountains to me anyway. And I recalled the words to a song that got me through some really difficult times back then (and they were often). "I Will Rest In You" by Jaci Velasquez. So, I googled it and found the song again. Wow, it's been a while since these words calmed my heart. And they did all over again. Just a flood of memories of the times He's been faithful and delivered us from dark times before.
(Here's a link to the only video I could find with the original song in english.)

Lord, I'm in the dark,
Seems to me the line is dead when I come calling.
No one
there, the sky is falling;
Lord, I need to know.
My mind is playing games again,
You're right where You have always been.
Take me back to You,
The place that I once knew as a little child;
Constantly the eyes of God watched over me.
Oh, I want to be
In the place that I once knew as a little child,
Fall into the bed of faith prepared for me.
I will rest in You,
I will rest in You,
I will rest in You.
Tell me I'm a fool,
Tell me that You love me for the fool I am,
[And*] comfort me like only You can,
And tell me there's a place
Where I can feel Your breath
Like sweet caresses on my face again.
Take me back to You,
The place that I once knew as a little child;
Constantly the eyes of God watched over me.
Oh, I want to be
In the place that I once knew as a little child,
Fall into the bed of faith prepared for me.



Anyway, I'm learning all over again how to rest in Him. And up until this evening it's been a big bunch of chaos around here. But I'm back now and look forward to sharing some upcoming posts and things I've been working on. Lot's of Christmas projects and lots of inspiration for beautiful handmade Christmas gifts and decor I've been seeing. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here!

Good night everyone! ~Jen
(Stormy helping me with my Christmas card photos.)

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I love YOU. You are an incredible blessing to me. I hope you know that.

    ReplyDelete

I always love, LoVe, LOVE hearing from you! I will read every single comment and will do my very best to reply.