Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ahhh...let freedom ring!



So things are finally winding down and life is returning to a steady, and much slower, pace. I'm free of my endless lists! My oldest graduated from High school, so that was kind of a big deal.
(I love his expression!)

 My parents came and visited for the past few weeks (which was so nice, but I wish I'd had more time to sit and enjoy their company. Now they're gone, just as things have slowed down). We also had our daughter's graduation open-house last weekend, which took a lot of time and preparation. (THANK YOU to everyone that helped us out!!! We have the best friends & family ever!)
It's been fun, but I feel like I've forgotten what it's like to be 'normal' again...well, normal for me...
  (My youngest daughter inspiring creativity :)
Other than the one time I recently blogged about, It's been weeks since I've crafted something, journaled... just played with my art supplies, kept up on my favorite blogs, you know? Well, this week I'm finding my way back to normal. I plan to relax a bit in the sunshine, review my Summer "I Will" List and get chipping away at that.
I did get to hang out pool-side with farmgirlcyn a couple times.

(farmgirlcyn)
(My feet and the kids)
She has a way of talking me down from the ledge when I spread myself too thin and get stressed. Which is kinda funny because she's not what I would necesarily consider a "calm" or "quiet" individual, but her frank, straight-forward appraoch puts things back into proper perspective for me.. She often reminds me; "It is what it is." Simple, but true.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to catching up with YOUR blogs again, creating new things, dusting off the shelves in my Etsy shop to make room for new treasures and soaps. I've already got a couple up if you'd like to check them out.
So there's an update on the current events of my little west Michigan homestead.
I'll leave you with a few highlights of the graduation open-house.

Day before preparations. My husband and farmgirlcyn's husband built this!!!

People arrive! My step-brother-in-law, father-in-law and couple of our favorite people.

It ended up being such a gorgeous day!

L to R: G-grandma, sister-in-law, my friend, daughter, mother-in-law and nephew.

Lots of laughter w/ my aunt & girls

My aunt & uncle. A couple more of my favorite people.

farmgirlcyn hard at work on the left. Don't know what I'd have done w/out her!

This group is trouble :)

Look at these faces!


Crazy friends of ours. The best kind to have!

My husband's uncle, aunt & grandma

Great-grandma & the graduate

(The guy on the far left in white is a cousin I didn't even know lived in the same town as me for the past 8 years! Family reunited! So cool!)

My lovely cousin & her hubby

My girls

My aunt & uncle. So cute together!

Lots of trouble here! My uncle, aunt, dad and uncle. Only 4 out of 14 kids, I believe!

Just chillin' with their youth leaders from church.


My father-in-law

My cousin and the kid's youth leader (who is also a nurse) realize that she cared for my cousin's grandson, who has cancer. Small world!

One of the greatest couples ever united!

My mom, dad, uncle, and two aunts.

(By the way; I've been told by some of my family members that live out-of-state that they had never heard of graduation open-houses. I assumed it was a nation wide tradition. Guess not. How about you?)

See ya Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. It was OUR pleasure! LOVE the photos! And your family and friends were just the greatest! Especially love your folks, oh, and your Aunt Sue!

    ReplyDelete

I always love, LoVe, LOVE hearing from you! I will read every single comment and will do my very best to reply.