Sunday, June 19, 2011

Days 168 & 169

I'm jumping back into things now that I'm feeling a little more like myself again and picking back up at days 168 and 169. That would be Saturday and today :)
 Yesterday we helped some friends move. They live about an hour and a half away in the town my husband and I pretty much grew up in. On the way home my husband, being the car fanatic that he is, spotted some old cars he wanted to get a closer look at. He said they must have been sitting there are really long time. The sign was too faded to read the phone number and the dust inside was an inch thick...but it looked pretty cool on the outside. :)
 This is my pic for today. 
This little weed and I have actually become friends. I don't know about where you live but here in Michigan, purslane tries to take over my garden every year! You can't get rid of it! But I found out year before last that it's actually a drought-resistant, highly-nutritious little plant that is great in salads and many other dishes. It contains more omega-3 fatty acids than any other leafy vegetable out there! Here's a link to some more info on it, if you happen to find it in your yard, sidewalk cracks or garden. It's also known the be a good living mulch that will keep other weeds at bay. 
Hope you're having a great Father's Day weekend!
XX's ~Jen

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely little weed in your picture for today.
    Thanks for sharing important information about this plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first picture of your husband and the car. Very classic looking. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

I always love, LoVe, LOVE hearing from you! I will read every single comment and will do my very best to reply.